|Relatives||Sakura Hanakoizumi (Mother)|
|Occupation||High School Student (1st year, Class 7)|
Anne Hanakoizumi (花小泉 杏 Hanakoizumi An ), also commonly known as Hanako (はなこ) is the main protagonist of the Anne Happy♪ series. Despite having terrible luck, she has a very positive attitude.
Anne is a young girl with average height and build. She has short pale peach peach hair with a small bun tied at the back with a white ribbon and eye-length, thick, partially messy bangs. Her eyes are dark pink. She is usually seen wearing the girls Tennomifune Academy uniform.
Against all odds Anne is very cheerful and happy. Her positive side has no limits despite her overwhelming terrible luck. She is sweet and affectionate, and loves animals despite constantly being attacked by them. She appears dense and headstrong, but gives everything her all.
Anne is first seeing hanging from a bridge from her shirt on the first day of school, clutching a dog that she attempted to help after it slipped. She was utterly helpless until Ruri Hibarigaoka came and tried to help Anne. But just as Anne had given Ruri the nickname 'Hibari', she fell into the river- although unharmed, because it was deep.
Later, they end up in the same class. Where they find out it isn't actually one of the main classes at the school, but one studying unfortunate students and helping them uncover their special skills and talents to allow them to become successful in life. She also meets Botan, a very frail classmate and together the girls get to know each other while during their first task.
As thanks for helping her, Anne gave Ruri the nickname Hibari and often calls her that and in return Ruri nicknamed her Hanako. They became friends very quickly despite being so different after Anne promised not to tell anyone Ruri's secret. They are on good terms and appear to be very close, with Anne trusting Ruri entirely and enjoys seeing her smile.
Botan and Hanako also became friends very quickly. Hanako got very worried about Botan when she first shook her hand, causing it to get injured. They are quite alike, allowing them to sympathize with each other.
|Image||Name||What they call Anne||What Anne calls them|
- At her first day in school, Hanako got the number 40, the last number in their class, meaning that she has the worst luck in her class.
- This is also based on a pun with numbers in Japan, as 4 can mean death, while 0 means suffering.
- She enrolled at the school only because it was close to her home.
- Anne resembles Cocoa Hoto from Gochiusa/Is the Order a Rabbit?
- Both girls have slightly similar hair styles and coloring.
- Both girls have a bright and perky personality with terrible luck.
- Despite the claim that all animals hate her, there was one animal that did not. This being the chick that hatched from their egg homework.
- Hanako's type of misfortune is bad luck, but at the same time she is also shown to be very lucky, actually making it Devils Luck.
Characters of the Anne Happy♪ Series
|Main Characters||Anne Hanakoizumi • Ruri Hibarigaoka • Botan Kumegawa • Hibiki Hagyu • Ren Ekoda|
|Supporting Characters||Kodaira • Timothy • Tsubaki Sayama • Saginomiya • Sakura Hanakoizumi • Principal|